PURPOSE To recognize outstanding performance of College of Agriculture and Life Sciences faculty in enhancing diversity in departmental, college and university programs at Iowa State University.
RECOGNITION The award winner (individual or team) will receive a cash prize of $500 and a plaque.
ELIGIBILITY Must be a faculty member or a team of faculty members in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences at Iowa State University. Recipient must be a CALS employee at time of CALS Spring Awards Ceremony.
CRITERIA Nominations will be evaluated on the basis of excellence in meeting the goals in the university and college strategic plans to enhance diversity.
Diversity refers to under-represented groups in our society or in aspects of our society. This includes diversity with respect to race, gender, ethnicity, religion, or nationality. Diversity enhancement activities include but are not limited to efforts to integrate and promote diversity-enriching experiences into teaching, research, and outreach activities, the recruitment, training, and retention of individuals from under-represented groups, the building of relationships with minority serving institutions, and outreach targeted to diverse groups in Iowa or the US.
- Nomination should be coordinated through the office of the Department Chair.
- Supporting documents should include:
- Nomination narrative consisting of no more than three pages summarizing major contributions in enhancing diversity in research, extension, and/or teaching programs.
- Professional resume including description of current position and previous diversity related activities (not to exceed 4 pages).
- No more than six supporting letters from colleagues and/or clients.